Looking for some extra income but can't seem to think of a way to get it? Try the Craigslist-as-Dartboard approach. It involves some high-tech trial and error. Might not work for everyone, but it's certainly worth a shot if you're looking to supplement your current income. 7 Steps to Finding Extra Income Through Craigslist:
- Browse the services section ("lessons & tutoring" is a good subset within services).
- Keep a list of any services that sound fun to you (and that you might be qualified to do).
- Bookmark or copy posts you like into a Word doc. Note what you like about them (clearly written, interesting to read, etc) and how much people are charging for these services.
- Narrow your list to 2-3 things you would be willing to try.
- Write a post for each of those areas and post them.
- Wait and see if you get any responses!
- If you start or complete a job and you don't like it, treat it as a learning experience. Tweak your offering to be more specific.