While at Sprinkles Cupcakes today I couldn't resist but film a little video for you. In this video, I give thanks to my lovely readers (that's you, hot stuff), share my cupcakes-as-metaphor-for-life-and-side-projects wisdom, and disclose my amazing method for eating a cupcake so that you maximize the bliss in every bite. The video (click here if you don't see it below) is just under 3 minutes:
While you've got your volume up...
- Podcast Description: Today we're talking about the popular phenomenon among young professionals of working a full-time job and pursuing other projects on the side. Why are people doing this and how do you make it work? I'll be talking with Jenny Blake, who works full-time at Google and runs a coaching and blogging business, LifeAfterCollege.org, on the side.
Blogcast FM - Interview by Srinivas Rao (~45 minutes)
- In this podcast, Srini and I talk about the following:
- How I turned my post-college confusion into a successful blog
- The intrinsic value of being a blogger
- How to grow an audience without focusing on the typical marketing tactics
- The no-pressure approach to starting a blog
- The step by step process I used to find a literary agent
- The numerous fringe benefits of sticking out in the blogosphere
Have a fantastic week everyone!