I've been very fortunate to do a lot of speaking engagements this year (most recently at the Texas Conference for Women where I got to tell Martha Beck how obsessed I am with her work), but I always feel like I could do a better job of including all of you. These events don't always capture video, and even when they do it may not be available for months.
I LOVE workshops and live interaction, so I'm thrilled to announce that I've got two great online events lined up for December! Read on for more details...
Inbox Freedom: 2-Part Webinar Series (hosted in conjunction with People On the Go)
This is a topic near and dear to my heart. As many of you know from my 12 Mini Confessions post, email and I have a love/hate relationship. I absolutely love interacting with friends and readers, and email is a major part of my job and how much of my work gets done.
However, I hate the feeling of constantly being behind; of sinking deeper and deeper into email quicksand for every day that I spend away from the computer. I am a slave the little "ding" notification on my phone, and yet I don't turn it off. I check email when I wake up in the morning, all day long, and until I go to sleep at night.
There has got to be a better way.
This webinar series is my way of helping us find it. Email isn't going anywhere, and for the most part, our work benefits greatly from the convenience, speed and reach it can allow -- if used properly.
Email is a skill just like any other, and this webinar series will help you take your email habits from ad hoc to intentional and focused. I've taken a deep, introspective look at what gets in my way and have done extensive research on tips and tools from others so that I can share the very best of the best practices with you.
The Inbox Freedom series is an interactive workshop composed of two 60-minute sessions:
- Session 1 - The Bigger Picture: Addressing how/when email fits -- assessing your overall email "health," understanding the three A's that typically plague us when it comes to answering email: attitude, avoidance, and (lack of) awareness; an overview of The Results Curve, strategies for how to keep email from consuming every waking minute of your day (and most important work), and an exercise to help you outline your broader priorities.
- Session 2 - Email as a task: once you have email in it's proper place of your day-to-day workflow, we'll examine the anatomy of the email task, how to recognize and prioritize emails based on what is actually urgent/important, and share online resources to help you process more effectively.
You will leave this series with:
- A handle on how email fits in to your broader workflow and priorities
- Strategies for reducing email overwhelm and dealing with "big frogs" that you tend to avoid
- An abundance of helpful resources and tactics to help you process email more efficiently and effectively
- The ability to focus on what really matters to you
Day/Time: Session 1: Thursday, Dec. 1 at 1pm PT / 4pm ET; Session 2: Thursday, Dec. 8 at 1pm PT / 4pm ET Cost: $29 for an individual; companies: special discount of $99 for teams of 10 who sign-up Enroll: Sign-up here
Jonathan Mead is someone I've looked up to for as long as I've been blogging, and I'm thrilled to be co-hosting a webinar with him about his incredible work, which is helping people find what they were born to do and then...drumroll please...actually get paid for it!
Here's a description of the webinar from Jonathan:
Your offer is everything.
When you get this right, everything lines up. Opportunities materialize, people are interested, and they’re hungry for more.
Get it wrong, however, and all your effort, all your hard work amounts to… little or nothing.
Personally, I can’t stand seeing this happen. So I’m on a mission to help people get this right from the beginning, so the seed you plant grows into something beautiful.
On this webinar you’ll discover…
- The one thing you can do to immediately transform your chances of success right now
- Reveal the truth about the “unfortunate lie” that is holding most people back from succeeding (most people don’t even know they’re spreading this)
- How you can finally make this “getting paid to be who you are” thing a reality, now (and what a simple shift you can make has to do with it)
- Why the seed you plant from the beginning is everything: if it’s infertile, nothing grows; if it’s strong and hardy, it can withstand anything
I look forward to (hopefully) hanging out with you at one of these events!
P.S. Thanks to Alexis Grant, I am quoted in the U.S. News and World Report magazine this month...the paper one! I snatched up five copies at the airport, and couldn't resist sharing a few snapshots with all of you. Read the full article here.