There's so much going on today that I barely know where to start! This is a three-part post: launch-day reactions and videos, interviews you don't want to miss, and details on how to enter to win a signed book and coaching session from me! 1. Pinch Me.
My house is in a state of disarray, you couldn't pry me out of my sweats if you tried, stacks of unopened mail pile higher every day, and I have to add things like "shower" and "leave the house" to my to-do list. In Jenny Blake world this can only mean one thing...book launch day is upon us, baby!!!
It's finally HERE. Today.
What?!? I know...I can hardly believe it either.
Just as some girls spend years fantasizing about their wedding, I've had visions of my book launch party and first book signing for as long as I can remember. What I'd be wearing, how I'd be glowing with happiness as I celebrated the proudest day of my life with friends and family, and a feeling deep in my gut that I was fulfilling my exact purpose on this planet.
Through all the ups and downs of the last two and a half years, I am thrilled to report that my vision became a reality this weekend. I had my first book signing on Thursday (sold out of books!) and my book launch party on Saturday -- a signing at Books, Inc. followed by drinks, dancing and cupcakes. Some short video highlights (courtesy of my brother Tom, aka T-Bones):
Video #1: Book Signing at Books, Inc - 36sec (open in new window):
Video #2: Cheers! From the book launch party - 8sec (open in a new window):
2. Interviews + "Behind the Scenes" Webinar Recording
I'm collecting all interviews, reviews and mentions on the book website -- here are some that you don't want to miss!
- Interview and book review at Forbes.com (thanks to the amazing Elisa Doucette!)
- The recording of my Behind the Scenes of the Publishing Process webinar
- My BlogcastFM interview (~40 minute podcast) on How to Get a Book Deal without a Massive Audience
3. In honor of LAUNCH DAY (SQUEE!!) I've got a special giveaway for you:
Two readers will win an autographed copy of Life After College: The Complete Guide To Getting What You Want and a 45-minute private coaching session ($300 value!) to help you find clarity and inspiration around whatever topic you choose.
Giveaway Rules: Each of the actions below equals 1 or 2 entries. After you've completed one or more, leave a comment below telling me how many entries you've earned (we're on the honor system here!):
- Share this post on Twitter with the hashtag #LACBook - 1 Entry
- Share this post on Facebook - 1 Entry
- "Like" the Life After College Facebook Page - 1 Entry
- Let me know you are subscribed to the Inside Scoop newsletter - 2 Entries
- Write an honest review on Amazon.com (obviously only if you have already read the book!) - 2 Entries
- Copy and paste this template email to let your networks know about the book - 3 Entries
The contest ends on Wednesday, April 3rd at 5pm PST.
Good luck and thank you so much for being here to celebrate with me!!
Big love and hugs to you all :) Jenny
P.S. Webinar Reminder - If you're free at 5PST/8EST tonight, join me and Brazen Careerist for a 30-minute webinar and 30-minute Network Roulette! During the webinar I’ll share my career development philosophy and side hustle tips for 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of Q&A, then we’ll head into a 30-minute Network Roulette where the first five people to get paired with me will win signed copies of Life After College.
P.P.S. Bloggers - are you registered to attend #BiSC yet? This will be my second year in attendance at Bloggers in Sin City -- a fabulous weekend of drinks, dancing, and chatting poolside. If you register by Wednesday, you'll be eligible to enter to win another book + coaching giveaway!